Introducing the DHC's Open Lab Hours!
The Digital Humanities Center is excited to introduce a new program designed to give the University community even more access to the software, tools and expertise that we offer. The Open Lab hours are set times each week where staff will be available on a walk in basis to offer support in their areas of expertise. Some of the Open Lab Hours will be unstructured walk in support hours while other times may be semi-structured project based time where specific tools or software may be out and available. In addition there will be periodic workshops and structured labs focused on a specific tool, topic or workflow.
What can you do during Open Lab Hours?
- Drop in and meet with a technologist, no appointments needed during open lab hours!
- Get assistance with an ongoing project
- Get advice on potential technology solutions for upcoming projects
- Use specialized tools such as 3d scanners, 3d printers, flatbed scanners, oculus rift
- Get software help for:
- GIS: ArcGIS, QGis, OpenLayers, Omeka/Neatline,GDAL
- Graphics: Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom
- 3d: Blender, Sketchup, Maya, Fusion 360, Meshlab, CloudCompare
- Gaming: Unity, Unreal
- Text: Oxygen, Python, Gephi
- Other: OpenCV, ffmpeg